Writers International Network Zimbabwe in partnership with Global Arts Trust presents a Short Story Writing Competition & Workshop
Entries are being invited from unpublished writers for a short story writing competition which will build up to a young writers’ workshop to be held in August, 2012. Top three entries in Shona and English categories will receive book prizes, while all participants will have an opportunity to take part in a follow-up workshop to be held in August.
The aim of the competition is to encourage creativity and originality, and to assess the skills of unpublished short story writers. The follow-up workshop will cater for the needs assessed in the competition. Details of the workshop will be communicated to those who will have entered the competition via email, phone, or our official blog.
– Entries must be in Shona or English
– Entries must be 2,000 or less words
– One story per person
– Entries should bear author’s full contact details such as email, phone number, and postal address
– The participant agrees for his/her entry to be used by facilitators during the follow-up workshop
– Anyone participating in the competition must be a member of WIN and be able to attend the follow-up workshop in Harare
– There is no set theme
– Winners will be announced and rewarded at the workshop
– Closing date for competition is Friday, July 20, 2012.
Send your entry to WIN/GLOBAL ARTS Trust, 168 Chnhoyi Street, Harare. Or email: winzimbab[email protected]. For more information, feel free to call 0774548466
Zimbabwe reads supported this competition by donating 100 writing textbooks to WIN-Zimbabwe.