Membership is open to Library and information professionals in Libraries, Archives, Records centres, Museums, RAM and LIS students, LIS and RAM Lecturers and Institutions administrators and interested persons and group.
Visit the Branch Secretary in your branch for more details with a completed membership form you can download here ZIMLA MEMBERSHIP FORM 2013.
ZimLA has opportunities to its members to share ideas and innovations, experiences, learn new skills and contribute to popular Zimbabwe Librarian and other new magazines, newsletters and journal initiatives to be launched.
Classification of membership of the Association consists of the following:
Honorary members: a person may be elected as a Honorary member and open to past Presidents/Chairpersons, those who have been members for ten or more consecutive years, distinguished professionals
Personal members: Librarians, Documentalists, Information Officers, Records Specialists and Archivists
Student members: Students studying Library and Information Science, Records and Archival Management or related studies may become student members of the Association.
Institutional members: Libraries, Schools, Corporate Bodies, Societies, Churches and other organizations interested in the objectives of the Association may be institutional members. They shall be entitled to nominate a representative who shall enjoy the privileges of a personal member.
Affiliate Membership: Shall be open to associations concerned with the fields related to librarianship, records and archival services such as book trade, reading and literacy, writers
This is open to Zimbabwe LIS/RAM Professionals in the Diaspora and Interested LIS/RAM Professionals
- You help define the LIS/RAM profession in Zimbabwe
- By participating in ZimLA activities you contribute to national development (patriotism)
- Access to a directory of ZimLA membership across the country/worldwide
- Subscription to The Zimbabwe Librarian Journal, ZimLA Newsletter, Online Newsletter which you have a privilege to and gives members practical and hands on guidance to current trends in your field of study
- Access to IFLA Journal + Newsletter
- Discounts on ZimLA/IFLA conferences/trainings/seminars
- Exclusive access to the Librarian’s Lounge/Club
- Access to ZimLA publications and research
- Current LIS/RAM updates
- Membership to ZimLA listserve
- ZimLA Membership ID
- Group benefits i.e. medical aid, funeral assurance, mobile facilities etc…
International Individual: $50
International Institutional: $200
For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.