FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS (Deadline Oct. 31)
IASL, IFLA and ZIMLA will jointly host a two day regional school library seminar
Venue: Masiyephambili College, Bulawayo Zimbabwe
Dates: 8-9 February 2012
The Zimbabwe Library Association in conjunction with the International Association of School Librarianship Africa Sub Sahara region will host a Regional School Library Seminar, an event that will allow school librarians, school library media specialists, teacher librarians, library and information science lecturers, university and polytechnic/college librarians, public librarians, library science students and all those interested in school librarianship to meet and learn from each other, share ideas and aspirations on all aspects of school librarianship in Zimbabwe, Africa and the world over.
The theme: “School libraries in Africa in the 21st century: learning from each other”
- information literacy skills across (from print to ICT)
- national school library policy
- school libraries for reading skills
- regional school library cooperation in Zimbabwe/Africa cooperation
- joint school/community library cooperation
- mobile library service in Zimbabwe/Africa
- creative ideas for school libraries with limited resources: best practices
- a library in every school campaign
- any other topics related to the main theme (e.g. dissemination of HIV and AIDS information in school libraries)
- This is the first call for papers
- Abstracts are not to be more than 200 words and should be submitted to the following e-mail address and email@example.com the deadline is 31 October 2011.
Conference presenters and participants will come from Zimbabwe (bulk), SADC, Africa and beyond.